This baked kefta kebab is an easy recipe with just some components that makes it such a scrumptious meal. As a mom of a small toddler, I typically make recipes that come along with little time and effort. After all, I nonetheless need it to be wholesome, filling and never sacrificing taste! This baked kefta kebab hits all these notes.
When my mom went out of city, my father typically ready this meal for us. He referred to as it lazy kofta as a result of he skipped the a part of shaping them like typical kofta skewers, which seem like mini sausages. As an alternative, he would season the meat, lay it flat in a pan, after which bake it within the oven. It was fast, handy, and tasted just like the kofta all of us love. A win-win!
Why do this baked kefta kebab?
- The primary cause is that it may be made forward, leaving you with a simple, wholesome meal on the desk very quickly. You possibly can put together the entire dish the day earlier than and prepare dinner it the identical day.
- You in all probability have most, if not all the components readily available, making this a helpful recipe to attempt. The salsa, which consists of bell pepper, jalapeno, onions, garlic, and parsley, provides numerous contemporary taste and moisture to the meat. Allspice, garlic powder, and smoked paprika with salt and pepper are the proper mix of seasonings to reinforce beef kofta. I like the addition of baked kefta with tomatoes and onions.
- It is a excessive protein lean meal since I take advantage of 90/10 floor beef. It’s not essential to have the next fats ratio for the bottom beef as a result of the salsa combination provides sufficient moisture to the meat.
What to pair this baked kefta recipe with?
Additionally take a look at my rooster kefta kebab recipe, which I often pan-sear or air fry. It’s totally tasty and one other nice choice for a weeknight meal! I even have an genuine beef kefta kebab recipe that’s usually grilled and just like this baked model that it is best to attempt too! One other nice kofta recipe is my tahini kofta – it is a should attempt!
If you happen to attempt my recipe, please let me know your ideas beneath, leaving a ranking and a remark! I’d additionally prefer to see your creations on my Instagrampage!
Baked kofta kebab
This baked kefta kebab is really easy, handy and scrumptious. It’s a improbable most important course accompanied by salad, rice and/or pita!
Servings: 4 folks
- 1.5 kg Floor beef I take advantage of floor beef ratio 90/10
- 1 soup Tomato Paste
- 1 soup Allspice, floor
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt & pepper as most well-liked at the least 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper
Salsa for the Kofta
- 1 Chopped off Parsley
- 1/2 Crimson bell pepper
- 1/2 Jalapeño
- 1 Yellow onion, small to medium sized
- 3 Cloves of garlic
- 1 Tomato, sliced
- 1 Yellow onion, sliced
Preheat the oven to 375F.
In a meals processor, combine all of the salsa components till nice. You do not wish to pulse an excessive amount of the place the combination is moist, however simply sufficient till it is good.
Add this to the bottom beef. Season the meat with salt, pepper, allspice, garlic powder, tomato paste and smoked paprika.
Combine simply sufficient in order that the parts are effectively mixed.
Add the meat to an 8×8 baking dish and unfold evenly.
High with a flat layer of tomatoes and onions. Season with salt and pepper.
Bake in preheated oven at 375F for 40 minutes coated with aluminum foil. At this level, the kefta may have launched extra liquid. You possibly can pour it into the sink by tilting the baking dish or maintaining it. I favor to eliminate it. Bake uncovered for one more 10 minutes then grill for 1 minute.
Lower into 4 squares. Get pleasure from a bit accompanied by rice, salad and yogurt.
1lb will end in a thinner piece of meat so it would prepare dinner much less time and 2lb shall be thicker so it might take longer. It is simply one thing to bear in mind.
#Baked #Kofta #Kebab #Fufus #Kitchen